Friday, May 06, 2011

Kapil Chand

A guy, who was my school junior on and off since my nursery and later never been in touch with him. A week back, one of my close friend who was his classmate got to be in Bangalore and we got to talk after long on phone for a while. Came to my shock was the news that Kapil met with an accident. Slowly I hear my friend saying, he was on his bike, on the day of Mahaveer Jayanthi; on this curvy stretch of the road that connects my native to a nearby town from where he started, got hit by a lorry, fell down; had to call the ambulance, to reach the hospital, only to know that he will have both his legs no more. And then he tells me he is married for a year now! The moment I heard it from him, I did not react too big though I was very shocked. We spoke for another couple of minutes about fate and related things and how these play in someone's life & likes. We hung up.

Gradually through the day, the seriousness of the news that I heard started getting into my head, and it thumped very strong, that I just could not forget or come out of it for real long. I was thinking of this guy so badly, how we used to play together when in school. He had been our tuition-mate as well. My cousin's parents and his parents had common friends in the town and all that. The kind of nightmare I went through thinking of him and his nearest family and friends.

I could not just digest why should God be so unfair to not just answer some of life's question!
The next day I called up my aunt to find out if she had any updates on that. She was convincing me saying that he can have artificial legs fitted in a while, he would be able to do his things himself. Most of all she said that she heard it from his relatives that his wife is very strong more than everybody. She tells people not to worry and that they can live life like this without having even a least bit of problem. What worried me more was the kind of mental trauma these people would be going through, the frustration and then this "why ME"! And when I heard about his wife's reaction to this whole hardship she is exposed to at this small age, I really felt She is like a God-sent! Later my friend told me that even Kapil is very strong and that he just wants to focus on the future and getting ahead, rather than being stuck with what happened and waste time worrying about it!

What should I say! Was such an incident really need for us to realize 'life is about how we look at it; its a mirror that reflects back what we show it'!

God give them more life, more love, more maturity, more happiness all the time going ahead. Not just because they are going through something very tough in life, but for the way they have taught us what life actually is! Love 'em n hats off!

0 comments: