Friday, May 06, 2011

Isda Thai

I'm not sure what's driving me to write a review of this cozy, peppy restaurant now. But this one was long pending in my 'restaurant reviews' diary.

So this is yet another place on this porsche lively Banjara hills Rd no -12, rather they call it Jubilee hills, rd no 36, not very sure. Its above the Volkswagen showroom, the top 2 floors. Part of it on the top most floor is open roof decorated with some Thai style statues and other similar decors. I recommend visiting this place for dinner and make sure you get a table on the roof open area. The lighting is just perfect to the mood and sit with you favorite drink, under the moonlit sky with some simple lanterns lit all over, does it need anything more to life! I think no!

Being spent close to 4 years in Bangalore before going to Hyderabad, there wasn't one restaurant that I would tag "Ultimate" here though there definitely are some swanky, funky hang outs But Isda Thai, I must truly say is "Ultimate". Its a Thai based design, though the food is Indianized Thai! This place is not for those people who would want to take a plunge into the Hyderabadi briyani or want to eat till their stomach starts aching - their quantity is limited, taste is very very different! It might not fit into your budget if you're a person who is looking out on some cool deals with buffet options. So far, whenever I have gone, I have only seen the Audis VWs & BMWs decked up, okay so typical of Banjara hills. You can go by i10/zen as well, like what we did :P

There was this coconut based soup, with lot of cream and cheese, I don't remember the name, but I still feel the taste at the tip of my tongue, its crazy! May be the other Thai restaurants have similar menu, but after visiting this place, I just did not want to venture out on Thai style anywhere else.

Banjara hills, Hyderabad. A place I would love for life and every time I think of all that we got to do here, it takes me to heaven! Wish life has a rewind button, so hard!
If you're in Hyderabad, and haven't been here yet, you sure are missing out on something.

0 comments: