Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Indian Breakfast Blog.

Cooking was one hell of a thing that I can ever be put into. At home, I grew up in a very strict environment. Mom is the most strict lady in the world, as a consequence I was always looking for a chance to get out of home, only to know what it is being away from home!! It gave me all kinds of experiences - whacky, funny, zombie, moody, angry and not miss anxiety! And at the end I just did not want to experience any of them. However, beyond all the restrictions I was put under and over, mom had never let me get into the kitchen. Be it anything, anytime, when guests are around or nobody at home, she never wanted me to get into the kitchen, well never for cooking. I did not like it. Mom did not enforce it.
So someday, when something called marriage happens and when you were always under this nice impression about a guy who has been a boyfriend for 4.5yrs, that he'll be the most helping lad turns out to be a cooking-hater only to your surprise, thence does not want to share the pain called cooking, that you have to go through everyday, this is what happens -You hit the google search for 'Indian breakfast blog' and there turns up nothing that exactly matches your phrase and I end up in this whole blogging story with this title!

I'm gonna quickly make a jist of all the simple breakfast items, with ingredients, that can save some precious time of your lazy mornings.
1. Idli/Dosa with some simple chutneys.
2. Upma
Rava/wheat rava/aval - fr respective upmas, Onions, Tomatoes, Carrots, Groundnuts, tadka.
I mess up Semia upma and rice sevige big time.
3. Pongal
Rice, moong dhal, pepper, cashew, ghee.
4. Ragi Rice porridge.
Cooked rice, Ragi, (Onions/Chillies - not a must)
5. Bread toast.
With(out) omlette. Jam, Butter, Chocolate
6. Variety rice.
(Tamarind puree/Tomato Onion/Lemon)- with tadkas/simple tadka.
7. Soya Dosa.
I get the mix from the nearby supermarket. Add onion/tomatoes whenever time permits.
8. Rava Idli
Again, buy the mix. Curd.
(Ragi balls -Haven't tried so far. But one of the easiest menu as my friend suggests.)
9. Pancakes
Maida, Rice flour, any fruit(s)/sprouts, Nutella, Lime,
10. And someday when you are bored enough to do any of this, just shoo your husband off and let them enjoy their freedom for a day with their most loved breakfast menu at the office canteen :P

*This post will have updates as and when I come across/remember/think of some menu*

0 comments: