Thursday, December 18, 2008

Barbeque Nation - Awesome!!

One of the wonderful restaurants I've ever been to!
What on earth they don't have! I really wonder.. Right from the ambiance to food, service.. 'Awesome' will be way too less a description for this place.
You are a non vegetarian lover.. then this is the place to be!!

There have 3 outlets in Bangalore Kormangla, JP Nagar and Domlur. I got to venture @ the Domlur outlet as I heard this is the bestest of all. We got to occupy a table at the rooftop and with Bangalore weather rocking in this season, an absolute treat to ur eyes and ur taste buds..
They had both sofas and chairs for seating and as always, my choice was sofa! The arrangement was pretty spacious leading to a nice ambiance. Being a Sunday lunch, the crowd was perfect, not in excess neither less was it.

Coming to the food, it was a buffet lunch and they had lovely barbeque's starters made right on the table. The helpers come and neatly arrange the oven for you. They leave the masalas and oil (some 4 different types -mustard, soya bean blah-blah) on the table and you can add them to the taste you want it to be. Then they start leaving the items one after the other. It hardly any veggie food, but a whole different amazing varieties of non veg.. I'm restricted to consume non veg and so could just take a look at it.



the bowls placed on either side had the chutneys and the oil varieties.

What I could observe is that the food is already cooked in the kitchen and the whole process of leaving it in the oven etc just goes to the entertainment part, meaning it just gives a different feel and probably u can keep your food hot for however long u want them to be. Apart from the tandoori stuff, they had something made out of baby corn and fried fruits which had apple, papaya, pineapple and grapes. a lot of fried stuff in vegetarian, i simply loved them.
The starters part is the best in fact, its unlimited and they keep serving until u go ahead put the flag down indicating that they can stop serving starters. I was literally done here itself as we continued with just starters itself for more than an hour.

The main course had good varieties, but nothing was special as such, just the names were different and the food was the usual taste. they had an egg salad with boiled eggs soaked in some mild sauce and tomatoes (cut in big pieces), a different dish which I never came across, that was the highlight amongst all. Macaroni, pastas and the rest were as usual, the breads with paneer curry, fried rice, briyanis etc.

This was followed by desserts. 1st and foremost thing about this part is the arrangement, that itself brought a lot of temptations. There were decent number of varieties. rasmalai, a custard, ice creams with different sauces- chocolate, pista and mango. they made a wonderful combination.

I'm not sure how clear is the pic below. its anyways here for you!




I must mention about the customer care. we had ordered for a drink separately and I went for something called 'chocolate monk'. i was almost about to finish the drink and I could find a piece of plastic, its not even of the size of a pepper, but still I just called the guy there and showed it to him, note: it was not a complaint raised. But still he went ahead and changed the drink for me immediately. Ultimate service right!? And this is what I would call Value for the money!!

My 1st drink:




The replacement:

Awesome right!!?

And that's the end of the story.

The cost part was pretty ok, it was 500 bucks per buffet. I have paid 300+ in some of the average restaurants so many times. And considering the replacement drink factor, I was ready to pay even an extra 100 bucks :D And people said if we would have gone for La'Carte its not easy getting out without a min cheq of 1000 bucks.

Overall rating from my end- :) :) :)

A lil extra:



1 comments:

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Nice review about Barbeque Nation :) There is one at Chennai too, which I'm planning to visit sometime soon :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog:) Stay in touch :)