Friday, May 11, 2007

Summer.. Where are my holidays!!??

These days I'm being way too jobless. Around 2 weeks back, I was jam packed with work that I could not even take out time to breathe happily. Now the project has come to an end, so I'm in dunno-ho-long-to-wait state! Trying to do some self study and learning though being like this I'm not really for it :| So what! I'm spending more time blogging. A never ending story, life of too many people who belong to different race, style, culture. Lacs of views, thoughts, ideas, opinions and what not! I'm liking it!
And this is now summer, every school-going kid is in the state of immense pleasure waking-up late and no school, no books, no teachers, no rank sheets. I miss those wonderful days when I used to hide my mathematics book to escape from the tuition classes which my no-holiday-giving-guru used to conduct even in summer :( though we plan and escape to my granny's house only to have this luxury of living in a 3 storeyed building, running to the terrace to watch those planes, knowing that Maniratnam is sure gonna direct a movie called Rang-de-Basanti within a short period of 10 years, to give him a front page scene we used to jump and try over to touch these planes when they cross just above our lil heads! play the most traditional Indian game which any highly disciplined people would play with granny, grandpa, amma, mausi, aunty with 52 cards till late in the night. Rent the Hamam girl's chotu cycle from the cycle-wala who had his shop for rent in our home, ride it like Michael Schumacher to teach the cycle-wala 'parts of a cycle' lesson! I can count the number of time I would have seen the sunset in the past one year, I miss those lovely evening walk in the Besant nagar shore pinching the tails of those butter biscuit eating dogs which travel in A/C car.
Now I think like this and pass my days "If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older -Abraham Sutzkever"
Most of my summer now goes in "improving my digital and analog skills, for an Engineer to survive these skills are way too important" for this is the comment my so-called supervisor had given in my last appraisal!
One other friend cum colleague of mine got engaged recently. There's this guy who had a huge crush on this girl and who is a good friend of mine! We both decided to go to the venue together. When he came to my place to pick me up he gave a comment on my make-up 'U look good while coming to office yaar!' What to say.. I kept wiping my face all the way till we reached the hall. Embarrassing comment yet so polite :p (that's how I consoled myself) But many over the party commented that I was looking good.. ok!!!??
Reading a series of Sydney Sheldon novels! I wonder why this person doesn't know to write a story without involving se*, whereas these novels are this popular may be only because of this matter inside!! I manage to finish 1 book per day. But that doesn't mean this matter inside is making me read at the rate of air!

10 comments:

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

You are really jobless these days, aren't you? :D

januM said...

mein software engineer hoon!! so u r wrong :p

HEMA VEMA said...

Miss Secret... Which Novel is ur Fav. among Sidney sheldom??? My boss likes The rage of angles(very little Se*), I like Tell me your Dreams(Little more then angles). Good to hear u r able to finish in one day. The other secret of success is it is very easy to finish fast...

I always suspect Anniyan is Inspired by Tell me UR Dreams...

Mein bhi software Dafthar mein Kaam kartha Hoon... Magar Time nahi hai.. Kya Karoo....

Thanks 4 replying my previous comment... So, u r not accepting anonymous Comments... Good!!

januM said...

@naren
Mr.Old-post's-anon.. pickin 1 as my fav is tuf for me!
TMUD made me too think bout Anniyan origin :)
Don't begrudge my happy days! Next proj is in pipeline n i'll be jammed to death in another 2 weeks max. So tryin to catch up wit other things bef tat!

Adithi said...

:D U seem to be the typical software engineer! A ticket to a nostalgia trip this was - really good.. :)

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog... Keep reading. Btw, u on orkut?

januM said...

@adithi
Welcome aboard!!
charge I pay for d ticket is 'happiness'!
i'm glad bout u bein my blog friend :)

HEMA VEMA said...

Thanks 4 commenting on my Blog :D.. Too lazy to log-in so anon..

Hav Replied in my blog.. chk it!

1 more question wen did Mani Ratnam Directed Rang De Basanthi!! AFAIK, its been directed by Rakesh mehra...

Life Rocks!!! said...

Hi...glad to see you leave a message on my blog...nice to see concerns from people you don't even know...so now my life is rocking as before...nice blog by the way..seems like u r a happy go person

januM said...

@naren
dude.. juz tried to relate some irrelevant stuff! tats bout it. shud make reader's think nah!!
@life rocks
thanx for droppin by! found d info that u've passed in that post good. a mood/life comin back!!
thanx for d nice comment :)

Parth said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to read more.