Thursday, May 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home :)

This post is on the new house which I had bought recently. I had mentioned the same in this blog few days back.
So i had gone home over a long weekend 2 weeks back and could capture some part of my dream house with a Canon cam that 'v' had got from his US trip. Now don't let your dream horse fly & imagine this Asian paints ad, 'new house, new cam.. ...' there's nothing like that, cam he bought it for himself:( i think its a 6mega pixel one, so slim n cute, awesome clarity and i simply love it!
Find some of the pics below:
Entrance:

Living room:

Dining hall:

This is the first property which I have bought on my own after I started earning. Ours is a small family of 4 including me & my sis, this house is the only biggest asset for us today! I'm too emotional about it for each piece of the house tells me how/what all i had to go through to bring up this! I know I speak more like this usual senti characters that appear in Karan Johar stories that he might come to me for his next movie. So why to upset the dream of many guys in my company, let me stay here only :D
Area: 885 sq ft - 900rs/sq ft
Now if I come to the 'M vitamin, It costed me around 8.5L (so you can imagine which city I would have bought it at;)) wherein 7L is from the home loan by ICICI, Floating interest started with 9.25% in Nov '06 and now its floated upto 10%, tenure is 20 years. One greatest benefit out of this is the whole amount gives us tax exemption, therefore this year I would tend to pay only half of the amount what I would actually have to pay.
Few of my friends ask me why did I go for floating, this is cuz of 2 things:
1. The fixed interest rate was considerably high around 13% whereas floating was only 9.25% while I took.
2. I was told that anytime I wish, I can convert it into fixed anytime. So my mom suggested to go for floating for the time-being and once it soars to 13%, convert it into fixed!
I found this idea better and went for floating. But now the biggest doubt is the time I wish to go for fixed, would they give me the with 13% interest, cuz when floating interest goes high, even fixed will increase. So now God knows what! Let it be that anda-ka-kasam matter, I don't wanna think bout it!
Also few told me that HDFC had got good deals and that Home loan = HDFC. But I did not find things that I found convenient about ICICI. Another colleague of mine has recently taken HDFC home loan and he said its good, his is again floating but the interest is 11.5% :o
I think 3-5 years down the line, one should be a crorepathi to buy a property particularly! ATB for all the future crorepathis!! ;)

4 comments:

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

I'm assuming here that this is not a prank post. In which case, all I can say is "Wow"!! Hope you spend the happiest days of your life in the new house!

januM said...

dude.. i'm confirmin ur assumption here!
thanx :)

Anonymous said...

HEy Nice hOme for 8.5 lacs........ Which City is it!!!!!!!! And my 7 years of Business Studies(B.Com+MBA) Says definately the fixed % will Increase... Well floating is good as of Now...

januM said...

@anon..
Few things shud be kept secret and so is my city name :D
what ur business mind says s reasonable! Thanx for dropping by:)