Saturday, December 08, 2012

One of the most unforgettable days

is today, that I so cant wait to write about.. and want to register it so badly, just when the memories are tender! Like they say you just don't know what the day has in store for you sometimes, that you feel all energized and amazing!
Now, I don't know who this >6 feet tall chap is-something quite common in a country like America - a random conversation with a complete stranger. I was in the pantry picking up my morning coffee and was busy checking the creamer-sugar proportion when I heard this feeble voice pretty close. For the kind of person that I am, I would not have cared to give a ear to a stranger. But this is what I call destiny. When it is destined, every damn thing will fall in place, just so well! I turn around and throw a slightly puzzled look. He says 'I was mentionin about the coffee, Don' ya need two cups, isn't it too hot to hold. in the other pantry there is this Dunkin Donuts coffee machine, that coffee is quite hot and then we need two cups.' And he picks it up and says 'ooh this is hot too. May be you can withstand so much heat. That's awesome'. I'm just listening and thinking at the back of my mind 'OH MY GOD!!!!!!!' Are there such handsome men living in this world! phew! Now that's just way too much for me to handle! My brain that's been idle for so long wakes up all of a sudden all geared up and picking up the keyword 'the other pantry' - that means you must be seated somewhere that side of the aisle and so you must be a regular to the pantry there. So you dumb head start walking to that break room the next time around.
In reality, I'm speaking to him. -Multitasking capabilities of human brain is such an amazing creation of God, and it just knows when to leverage that! I told him 'we have it like very hot in India. In fact I feel it's less hotter and wouldn't mind warming it up in the oven for a bit more than couple minutes.' He was amazed! He asks me about Starbucks in India and I talk about Mumbai and how we might need time to develop some taste for it as the coffee we have is quite different. We talk about Cafe Latte n Cappuccino. He says 'oh yeah, but for me I just need it desperately that I can't go on without it and the problem is we go on to spend like a 5 bucks for the same coffee there and though knowing its a bit stupid its just that, can't help! I said I would prefer spending that at Ben n Jerry's. He says oh there you go.. and smiles! I'm melting - how can God set up such neatly placed tooth, like these tiny ones! And his face is wholly lit by that simple smile! I was like I would love to talk to you more - thinking :(
He probably read my mind. He said by the way I'm Paul! And shakes hand. I think 'the one and only Paul!!'
The conversation continues with what do you do and I talk about the SoCs, he relates talking about Verilog and stuff. He builds automation tools for embedded platforms. He says he loves doing what I do! I'm happy. He is from Minnesota and he talks about the weather there and some of his friends in Chicago from Calcutta and how they initially struggle through the weather before settling down! I ask him how he likes San Diego and he talks of the good weather that SD is meant for! Like he doesn't need jackets here most days and likes the sun. He tells me about how weather affects some people's state of mind and all that. He was asking me if I like it here and I said ya kind of, I tell him how I'm struggling through the separation from my family and he says 'ya but apart from that.. Having fun is anyway not very related right' He checked if I have some good friends here and I talked of all the weekends I spent here. He was like cool! He was first of all very impressed with the fact that I'm fresh from India given all the newness one would feel in a place like US of A! His eyes went wide and he smile saying 'That's awesome' - the American 'THAT'S AWESOME!!!' :D

And then we move on. He said 'hey by the way, nice meeting ya'. I was like same here * thinking and that's just not all that I wanna tell you man! You are the most handsome Man I have met in life so far! No Brad Pitt or Jim Carrey would replace your awesomeness! God doesn't bless everyone with perfection. I mean it. Having met so many people even Americans I have NEVER EVER seen someone like him at all in my life and I know more than just sure I never will!

I went back to look up for him in my intraweb, but I was not able to figure out. He just came in and touched like this very high voltage pulse and swung away! I think of his handsomeness over and over again and all the conversation! And it's not enough. This is called driving someone crazy, you lovely American!!

0 comments: