Wednesday, December 07, 2011

What has God got to do with your fork!?

Most days that went by, of late, I would say were quite philosophical, a little more than the normal dose. I'm not sure if that has got something to do with the Sani peyarchi that's coming the week next, like what my mom claims. But after all that which happened in the recent past and with a set of astrology followers around, I'm driven to give it a frequent thought, the topic that I always wanted to stay away from. More so because like a lot of other family mine was into misconceived astrology, way too much! For me astrology was always equal to fear. The fear of knowing mishaps of the future, with a few 'made-up' good things added by the 'incomplete' astrologer just to see some good profits. And therefore, to stay out of fear astrology became a blind-belief. Whatever bit of sense that I could make out of it is the cause of the 'sani peyarchi' statement above! :)

Getting back to the topic, more often than not I hear 'why is the most honest and ethical people are tested by "God" badly before they can taste success or even happiness, completely'! the keyword here - GOD!

I go back from here to remember Robert Frost's words,
"
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
"
While these are the commonly remembered words by a lot of us around, what impressed me now and always from "The Road Not Taken" were these:
"
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
"
All of us would have been taught various meanings of this poem, after all the school teacher has the authority ;) They all perhaps converge to the same idea.

It's like, in life there are going to be numerous such forks that you'll hit and it will solely be on one person, and that is you, to be responsible for the path that you choose and decide to traverse all along till the end with all the ups and downs, come what may! You may never be able to come back to a fork and try treading a different path than the one that you chose before - most importantly not without losing anything!
For me, pondering over this had let me realize the depth of decision making and the amount of responsibility an individual should take for a decision made by him/herself. So please, let's spare God alone!

If not anything else, let me strive to give him back the satisfaction for showering all his blessings on me through this one thing called 'life'. For no one can ever give back God anything for this gift of life - He is unconditional!!
For you the reader, I wish you get all the wisdom and be a better human everyday and thereby gratify the Almighty God!

0 comments: