Friday, April 24, 2009

Something for Summer

Since the time I happened to visit one of the Squash'd outlets in Chennai, I've been wanting to write a review post.
Now that the sun God is completely into action, thought a post of this sort would help the crowd out there.

Squash'd:
I have read about it quite a long time back and wanted to check it out since then. Till the time I was in Madras, I was only aware of the Gream's road Fruit shop and Squash'd was started out soon after I left Madras.
And my personal thought is that Anu Hasan has been more of a lady of venturous sorts than an actress, considering her hosting in 'Coffee with Anu' and Idhayam Manthra 20-20. She is not a stunning beauty to be an actress, but honestly I have liked watching her in these TV shows several times.
So with all that and more, I was expecting something huge out of this place, as its an independent venture of an ex-Bitsian.
We had been to this outlet at the Mayajaal Food court and ordered for Skinnie Minnie and a Mango drink (the name I had forgotten). The latter turned out to be good, as mangoes by nature have the pulpy texture. But then Skinnie Minnie (a strawberry, sweet lime admixture) did not come out so great. I went on wondering if it was a Smoothie at all. Considering the fact the both the fruits are highly juicy and lacks sweetness, they must have given some consideration at the fact of declaring it as a smoothie in the menu. Along with that considerable amount of whole milk was added which turned out the drink to be extra watery and less tastier.
The prices ranged from 25-85. But correspondingly the less costlier ones are less preferred.
It would be good if they redefine the menu and revise the price list based on the quantity and availability.
I'm still not sure of the ambiance at their stand-alone outlets as I said the one which we visited was just a part of Mayajaal food court but then I must say the yellow and green color are very soothing.
The concept of employing more number of gals from the lower class of society is quite appealing, though we could find both male and female employees working at the counter with only females dealing their hands at the juicer.
I wonder why has she still not laid out an exclusive website considering the home delivery part of their objective.

Pure n Naturals:Several times in my earlier posts I have mentioned about this place. We frequent at the Jayanagar 7th blk outlet once a week minimum. They are an unit of Pazhamudhircholai and a chain of salad and mocktail bar located across bangalore (Kormangla, Vyalikaval, Jayanagar), I heard they have it in Coimbatore too.
The Jayanagar outlet is one of the finest places filled with a good crowd and a quite ambiance, with the walls painted in green carrying a pleasant design. The menu is laid out in a decent manner and the prices are highly reasonable. The menu runs for 5-6 pages with a variety of soups, hot and cold salds, mocktails, fresh juice, milkshakes and icecreams. I have been there with so many of my friends and a lot of them who despise to try green vegetables have started loving it after trying their salads.
Except for only one annoying waiter at this place, rest things all would bag good appreciation. and the worst part is no owner/manager available to complain about such illiterate workers. u can find only employees who though understand other languages insisting us to talk in Kannada. Highly irritating.
And the website part of Squash'd holds good for these guys too!

Got sometime? Try them out.. a good option for this summer, I beat!
Have fun :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Critic,
Done a great job(starting from Salon to squash'd).still there is lots of commercial things in our dialy life. Keep writing.